1. How have you performed on the Unit O and P tests? What evidence do you have from your work in the unit that supports your test grade (good or bad)? Be specific and include a minimum of three pieces of evidence.
RESPOND HERE:
On the Unit O test, i performed badly. It was actually the worst score i ever received on a unite test- a D( 69%). I realized I made a lot of silly mistakes that i could have avoided. Such as not rounding correctly and using the wrong patterns- specifically for the 45-45-90 and 30-60-90 triangle problems. My quiz scores ranged from- five 8's, one 5, one 4, and one 6- and they showed that i needed more practice on specific concepts. I felt it wasn't that bog of a deal if i didn't score well on the quiz, but fairly understood the concept. I realized i was wrong and that the quizzes tested my performance on the test as well. I should have studied the concepts i wasn't 100% sure of and re watched the videos as well. When i retook the quizzes i scored and 8 and 7 where i previously scored a 6 and 4. On the test retake i scored an 80% after the after school tutoring and reviewing incorrect test answers. I felt confident with the Unit P test and i scored well- 93%. I understood this unit and the concepts( law of sines and law of cosines). My quiz scores were good, i believe i scored one 7 and the rest were 8's. The only part i should have prepared more in was concept 6-7 word problems because they were a little confusing =g nd i missed that question. Also, the review problem of piece wise functions i missed, so i should have re watched the video going over it.
2. You are able to learn material in a variety of ways in Math Analysis. It generally follows this pattern:
→ Your initial source of information is generally the video lessons and SSS packets followed by a processing and reflection activity via the WSQ
→ individual supplemental research online or in the textbook before class
→ reviewing and accessing supplementary resources provided by Mrs. Kirch on the blog
→ discussion with classmates about key concepts
→ practice of math concepts through PQs
→ formatively assessing your progress through concept quizzes
→ cumulatively reviewing material through PTs
→ Final Assessment via Unit Test.
Talk through each of the steps given in the following terms:
a. How seriously do you take this step for your learning? What evidence do you have to support your claim? Make sure to make reference to all 8 steps.
b. How could you improve your focus and attention on this step to improve your mastery of the material? What specific next steps would this entail? Make sure to make reference to all 8 steps.
RESPOND HERE: I've always watched the videos seriously and attentively. I always turn in my WSQ and when i'm answering the questions, i rewatch the videos if i need clarification. I rely on the videos to help me fully understand the concepts. I refer to the SSS packets when i get stuck on a PQ problem. I should probably take more time to study the packets more and rewatch the videos before test days. There are times i research online about the topic of a concept if i feel confused. I only do it when i don't full understand the video after re watching. I find that sometimes looking at anther source is helpful. The textbook i have only referred to once, but i don't necessarily rely on it. I prefer to watch eh videos than use the textbook, because for the most part they give enough clarification and understanding. For unit O i did access the supplementary resources on the blog (extra practice problem) but i don't always do it. I think the PQ and PT provide enough review material for me. I try to take the discussions seriously even when my whole table and i understand the concepts and we don't have much to discuss. If i am confused and need clarification, the discussion is helpful because other classmates are the same so we can find help all together. I have always done the PQs seriously because they prove the understanding of the concepts. My focus has always been clear on completing the PQs. The quizzes as well, I take them seriously. I sometimes get nervous before taking them because i feel I won't do well- even though i did the PQ and watched the videos. I think i need to review the concept before taking he quiz. I take the PT seriously as well, because it is reflecting how the unit test will be. All the concepts together to see if you remember how to solve them, tests your understanding and if i can't solve the PT, i know i will have trouble on the Unit test. I believe taking the Unit Test is the most important step in my learning, because it shows if i really understood everything- the videos, pqs, etc- and so far I've only done poorly on a Unit Test once, apart from that I've been able to score well. I try to review the concepts i'm a little confused with before taking the PT, but i should probably do more re watching of the videos and try extra problems.
3. Reflect on your learning this year thus far by considering the following questions:
a. How confident do you generally feel on the day of a Unit Test? Give evidence and specifics to back up your answer.
b. How well do you feel you have learned the math material this year as compared to your previous years in math? Give evidence to support your claim.
c. How DEEPLY do you feel you have learned the math material this year as compared to your previous years in math? Give evidence to support your claim.
d. Do you normally feel like you understand the WHY behind the math and not just the WHAT/HOW? Meaning, do you understand why things work, how they are connected to each other, etc, and not just the procedures? Explain your answer in detail and cite specific evidence from this year.
e. How does your work ethic relate to your performance and success? What is the value of work ethic in real life?
RESPOND HERE:
Generally, I feel confident the day of the test;I never go in unprepared. All the PQs, the PT,and the quizzes prepped me. To b honest, i feel i'v learned math material so much better this year. The explanations the videos have provided and the practice we do, makes me understand it all. Last year when we worked on parabolas, ellipses, hyperbolas, and circles i felt confused. This year i actually had a clear understanding on the formulas and graphing because of all the practice. It wasn't simply looking at the formula and solving without preparation. Also with the unit circle, last year i felt it was just memorization, but this year through the flipped classroom, i understood it and how it was connected to other formulas (like we did in Unit P and Q). Th flipped classroom, o specifically through the WSQ has required deeply thinking about what we are learning- which we prove when answering the questions. I try not to procrastinate and have a good work ethic. I know i have to work diligently if i want to learn the material and pass. I've felt the stress of not performing to my highest standard and i now know have to work really hard. In real life, if you have a good work ethic- work to fulfill your goals and find success- you can achieve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment